"Can I send attachments to my mailing list?"
The answer is "yes" when you post via email, but as a general rule of thumb, we recommend that you DO NOT send attachments to your mailing list, because:
- Email users are (correctly) counseled to not open unexpected attachments because some attachments can carry viruses.
- Recipients won't be able to open the attachment unless they have the proper associated application.
- Spam filters look more carefully at messages with attachments.
- An attachment forces every subscriber to download it, even those who may not want it.
- Attachments make messages larger and thus they take longer to deliver.
Note however that sending PDF files should be considered a special case. PDFs can't carry malware and can be compact if prepared properly. Every recipient has software to open and read PDFs, so sending a small PDF attachment is usually safe.
A much more user-friendly solution is to post the file on a web site (here or here or here ) then just email a link to it. Those who want it can download it, while those who don't want it need not bother.